The Times of India
Times of India brings the Latest & Top Breaking News on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Cricket, Sports, Business, Bollywood News and Entertainment, Science, Technology, Health & Fitness news & opinions from leading columnists.
- PM releases new series of visually impaired friendly coins
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today, released the new series of visually impaired friendly circulation coins,in New Delhi.Rs.1, Rs.2, Rs.5, Rs.10 and Rs.20 are the various denominations of coins released as part of the new series.
- Annual GST Return filing due date for FY 2017-18 extended to 30.06.2019
Last date for filing GST Annual Returns for the Financial Year 2017-18 has been extended to 30th June 2019
- Situations where tax is payable even if Income is less than Rs. 5 lakhs
In Budget 2019 our finance minister has announced that no tax will be paid on Income up to Rs. 5 lakhs. Many of us misunderstood that the income tax slabs have been increased, whereas the finance minister has mentioned during the speech that the rate of the income tax will remain the same
- Important amendment in Direct Tax for AY 2020-21 / FY 2019-20
CA Raja Saha Article explains Budget 2019 changes related to No tax on taxable income up to Rs 5 lakh, Standard Deduction u/s 16(ia), Income Tax Slab Rate for AY 2020-21 for Individuals, Tax Slab Rate for Domestic Company, Tax Rates for Foreign Company, Income Tax Slab for Co-operative Society, Notional Rent on second self occupied house property exempt from tax u/s 23 and changes in TDS threshold limit, Exemption under section 54
- It is mandatory to link your PAN with Aadhaar?
Link your Aadhaar with PAN today to enjoy seamless Income Tax services online
- KEY CHANGES IN NEW ITR FORMS FOR THE ASSESSMENT YEAR 2019-20
KEY CHANGES IN NEW ITR FORMS FOR THE ASSESSMENT YEAR 2018-19
- More conditions imposed under Central Excise w.r.t the scrips issued on or after April 10, 2019
On April 9, 2019 the Central Government vide Notification No. 01/2019 has imposed some conditions and procedure for availing exemption in respect of scrips issued on or after April 10, 2019 electronically where such scrip has been registered with the Customs Authority.
- Income Tax Rates & Calculator for 23 years (FY 2006-07 to 2019-20)
We know that in Finance Bill 2019 tax rate for FY 2019-20 for individuals / HUF has not been changed except the fact that rebate u/s 87A has revised to Rs 12,500 if Total Income is upto Rs 5,00,000 (previously it was Rs 2500 if total Income is upto Rs 3,50,000)
- Indians most worried about terrorism, jobs and corruption
According to a survey, at least 73 per cent of the countrymen are optimistic that the nation is headed in the right direction.